Are you always worried about having to scoop soiled litter from your cat’s litter box? A sifting litter box can be a solution to your problem. This one requires less maintenance and also saves time.
A bit different from regular litter boxes, they can be helpful when it comes down to odor control, easy disposal, and can be ideal for those who are always in a hurry and don’t have time to maintain kitty’s litter box.
In line with this, you may be looking for the best sifting litter box for pine pellets, which we have today. Keep in mind that choosing an ideal litter box for cat litter, especially for pine pellets, can be a bit tricky, since it’s not like you’re going to use clay litter, right? That’s a different story. This is why we did the picking for you – check out our suggested sifting litter boxes below!
- 1 Things to Consider Before Buying Sifting Litter Box
- 2 6 Best Sifting Litter Box Reviews
- 3 Conclusion
Things to Consider Before Buying Sifting Litter Box
Before you choose the best sifting litter box for pine pellets, here are some FAQs:
Is a sifting litter box worth buying?
Yes, they are worth trying and buying due to their design, which reduces the need for scooping. Simply use the sifting tray and it will catch the extra cat litter, reducing the need for a sifting scoop. This can significantly reduce time and effort for any cat owner.
Related Post: Best Wood Pellets For Cat Litter
How do I use a sifting pan litter box?
To use this kind of litter box, here are some simple steps:
- Pick up the sifting pan. This is where your cat’s mess usually falls into. This will act as your bigger version of the cat litter spoon.
- Shake the sifting pan a bit. Depending on the type of sifting pan you have, you may have to shake it to get rid of the clean litter and separate it from the waste material that your cat leaves behind. In some cases, there are designs that do not require shaking due to the hole design.
- Dispose of the dirty litter from the sifting pan. Since it has already been sifted away from clean litter, it is easy to dispose of.
- Reassemble the whole litter box. Usually, the bottom pan is placed under the sifting pan and then you pour new litter (or the remaining clean litter) and do the cycle all over again.
How do I choose the best sifting litter box?
To ensure that you get the right sifting litter box for your cat, here are some important features and pointers:
- How durable is it? Standard sifting boxes are made with durable plastic but make sure that they are not too flimsy to avoid having to buy them again and again.
- Is it easy to use? Consider a sifting litter box that requires less effort in trying to learn how to use it. The litter box should be beginner-friendly, especially for cat owners who are new t this kind of system.
- What are the dimensions? Look for the overall size and dimensions and make sure it not only fits your cat but it also fits where you will place it. Let’s face it – not all of us have the luxury of added space for a litter box for our cat(s).
- How big is your cat? Not all cats will fit into most sifting litter boxes so you may have to make sure that it is just the right size for them, especially if your cat is a little bit on the plus size side. Your cat may not like doing their business if the sifting litter box is too small for them.
- How many cats do you own? Sometimes, you also have to consider how many cats you own in the house. This means that you may have to look for a sifting litter box that is large enough for them, or, you can try one of our picks above that can be integrated with different kinds of standard litter boxes at home.
- Does it have good odor control? One problem that cat owners have with litter boxes is the gross odor. This is why you may want to pick a sifting litter box that works while controlling the odor of the soiled cat litter.
- What’s the price? Not all pet owners have a lot of budgets – you may also want to consult your wallet in terms of buying a good sifting litter box that will not break the bank, but still have the features that you need, and one that really works.
- Does it work for pine pellets? Obviously, you’d have to check if it is okay to use for all kinds of cat litter types, including pine pellets.
Is it okay to use a sifting litter box for pine pellets?
Mostly, yes, as long as it is self-clumping litter, in which the pine pellet can be one of them. This means that they can easily pass through the sifting pan without giving them a lot of shakes. To be sure, ask the manufacturer if it is okay to use for pine pellets.
6 Best Sifting Litter Box Reviews
Here are our top picks for the best sifting litter box for pine pellets:
1. Van Ness Sifting Enclosed Cat Litter Pan
With an enclosed design, this can be ideal for homes with a lot of cats and those who aren’t very good at dealing with cat odor. It has a triple pan system, which makes it easy to pick up waste without having to use a scoop. There are 2 regular pans and a sifting pan for simple pick-up while the enclosed design also helps regulate odor.
Aside from that, it even has a stain-resistant finish (high polish) to help you a lot in terms of cleaning and maintenance. Moreover, it has an air filter that can be replaced – great for homes with frequently shedding cats.
Related Post: Best Eco-Friendly Bags for Cat Litter
Since it has a ton of room, it can be ideal for large cats and for homes with multiple cats. And it doesn’t stop there – the materials used are 20% recycled plastic so you may be doing a good part in terms of waste prevention.
- Triple pan system
- 20% recycled plastic
- Easy to clean
Overall, the Van Ness Sifting Enclosed Cat Litter Pan may be a choice for you if you prefer an enclosed design for a cat litter pan.
2. Petmate Sifting Corner Litter Pan for Cats
This litter pan for cats has a low-profile design, which can make it ideal for older cats as well as young kittens. Moreover, the sifting system is strategically-designed to reduce maintenance. What’s more, it even has a minimalist design so it can be best for homes that don’t have a lot of luxury in space.
As with most sifting litter boxes, it has 2 pans and a sifting pan in its system. Aside from that, it also doesn’t require scooping or shaking. When it comes down to the materials, durable plastic is used that is manufactured in the USA for quality.
It gets better – the unique design allows it to fit into corners due to the pizza-like shape. This means it can also be an apartment litter box. And since it has high sides, there’s less worry about spilling cat litter all over the place.
- Space-saving design
- Low-profile entrance
- No shaking needed
- Durable plastic made in the USA
- High sides to prevent spilling
The Petmate Sifting Corner Litter Pan for Cats may be a go-to pick for you if you have a senior cat at home.
3. Pet Mate 42036 Arm & Hammer Large Sifting Litter Pan
If you are a fan of the Arm and Hammer cat litter series, you may also like this one. It has a rather large size so it can be a good pick for homes with large cats.
Since it has a reinforced bottom, it can hold a sufficient amount of cat litter no matter how much it has been soiled. Moreover, it is a complete set with 2 pans and a sifting pan which doesn’t require scooping.
The antimicrobial (MICROBAN) treatment of this cat litter box can make it safe not only for the cats but also for the homeowners. Since the sifting pan has a decent design, there’s no need to shake the whole pan to drop off the excess cat litter. The taller back design allows it to support even the larger cats.
- Antimicrobial treatment
- Ideal for large cats
- No need to shake
- Sturdy bottom design
- High back walls
As a whole, if you have a large cat at home, the Pet Mate 42036 Arm & Hammer Large Sifting Litter Pan can be a decent pick for them due to the high design.
4. Van Ness CP5 Sifting Cat Pan/Litter Box with Frame
This cat litter box is stain-resistant so you don’t have to work so hard when it comes down to cleaning it. Aside from that, the height of the frame may be just right for most cats of all sizes and can also help in reducing the spillage of cat litter.
Measuring 19 x 15 inches, this litter box has just-right sizes for the sifting pan holes to prevent clogging. You can also modify the litter box by putting the sieve in the middle to help collect the soiled litter easily. Since it is easy to clean, you don’t have to worry if you feel gross about doing the chore of cleaning after kitty’s mess.
- Easy to clean
- Just-right sized holes
- Good frame height
- Can be modified
For a sifting litter box that is easy to wipe clean, the Van Ness CP5 Sifting Cat Pan/Litter Box with Frame can be a choice for you due to its stain-resistant surface.
5. So Phresh Sifting Cat Litter Box
As a cat litter box with a simple design, this one has a gray color so it can fit in most home spaces. Also, the color makes it easy to clean up compared to white sifting litter boxes. It can work for pine pellets and other types and it has a standard 3-tray system.
The tray systems include 2 trays and a sifter tray, which also includes a rim so that there’s no shaking required when using the litter box. It measures 19 x 15 x 9.5 inches overall, which can fit most cats of different breeds and have extra room to spare.
- The gray color makes it easy to clean
- Standard size for most cats
- Simple design
- Also ideal for pine pellets
To wrap it up, for cat owners on a small budget, the So Phresh Sifting Cat Litter Box in Grey can be a starter sifting litter box for you.
6. SiftEase Litter Box Cleaner Litter Sifter
Great for homes with more than one cat, this sifting litter box can be used for more than one litter box at home without the need for scooping. The basket also has a lot of space so you don’t have to worry about dumping it over and over again. The box also has odor-resistant properties to keep a cat’s mess at bay.
With a size of 14 x 10 x 7 inches, this sifting basket comes with a holding bin, which has up to 28 quarts of capacity inside. It is different from other litter box systems since it can work with any external litter box for easy pouring.
- Great for multi-cat homes
- Sufficient space inside the holding bin
- Unique sifting system
- Can work for all kinds of litter boxes
- No need for scooping
In the long run, the SiftEase Litter Box Cleaner Litter Sifter can be ideal for homes with multiple cats due to the large design that allows you to clean up different litter boxes.
Overall, it really helps if you have a sifting litter box at home if you don’t like cleaning the litter box a lot (especially if you feel gross about it). Keeping a cat is okay but cleaning the litter box is a big responsibility, especially since cat messes are even smellier than most animals’ (e.g. dogs).
We hope that our top picks can help you reduce the need for a scoop in terms of cleaning your cat’s litter box!
The Foraged Life is a space for sharing stories. From bits made from homegrowns or hand foraged from nature to places to explore and adventure near and far. From stories from the wild to encounters with people and the earth that point to a way of doing life that is conscious of treading lightly and lovingly.