You might be surprised finding out the number of natural resources people go through daily. To the point where it feels like we’re flushing trees down the toilet. Oh wait, if we are talking about toilet papers, then we are doing that.
Since toilet papers are made from resources that take over 30 years to grow, they become one of the most environmentally-harmful daily products. However, there are things you can do to prevent this.
So how do we start? Well, you can start by looking for toilet papers that are friendly towards the environment.
However, since there are too many toilet paper products on the market now, finding the right one can be difficult. This problem is why we’ve created this list of the ten best eco-friendly toilet paper to save your time (and money)! Read on to know about our top picks of the best toilet papers.
- 1 Best Biodegradable Toilet Paper Reviews
- 1.1 1. Georgia-Pacific Envision 2-Ply Embossed Toilet Paper
- 1.2 2. Seventh Generation Toilet Paper, Bath Tissue, 100% Recycled Paper
- 1.3 3. Caboo Tree-Free Bamboo Toilet Paper
- 1.4 4. Bim Bam Boo Tree-Free Toilet Paper for Sensitive Skin
- 1.5 5. WholeRoll Organic Toilet Paper
- 1.6 6. Seventh Generation Recycled Unbleached Bathroom Tissue
- 1.7 7. Green Forest Premium 100% Recycled Bathroom Tissue
- 1.8 8. Quilted Northern Ultra Plush Toilet Paper
- 1.9 9. Pure Planet Club 3-Ply, Double Length, Tree-Free, Plastic-Free, Bamboo and Sugarcane Toilet Tissue
- 1.10 10. Aria Premium, Earth Friendly Toilet Paper, Eco Friendly Bath Tissue
- 2 Wrapping Up
Best Biodegradable Toilet Paper Reviews
1. Georgia-Pacific Envision 2-Ply Embossed Toilet Paper
With all the certifications to prove the reliance of this toilet paper, the producers can proudly claim that it is 100% made of recycled material. While it is, not soft, it has enough cushion not to irritate. It’s also a good, middle-line toilet paper. Keep in mind that if you have sensitive skin, Georgia-Pacific Envision toilet paper might not be the best eco-friendly toilet paper for you.
If you have an average family and use this product, then you probably won’t have to buy new toilet paper for the next several months. Because it comes in substantial 80-roll packs. Since this pack is designed to be used in public spaces, each roll in the package is individually wrapped. Now, this is a feature that many consumers might find irritating and wasteful.
- The size is perfect for storage and handling.
- No more troubles with systems and standard sewer as long as you use this product of toilet paper.
- Thanks to the product’s softness, durability, thickness, and quick absorbency, it gained high marks from the consumers.
- It might not be an excellent product for people with sensitive skin.
2. Seventh Generation Toilet Paper, Bath Tissue, 100% Recycled Paper
Many people think that not much impact will be made when they put more effort into choosing and buying new types of toilet paper. But lots of good, though minor, choices can add up and make our life better. So why don’t we start making a difference by using 100% recycled paper bath tissue?
With every household in the United States changing their daily toilet paper from one 24pk of 240-sheet virgin fiber bathroom tissue to this product, over 4,900,000 trees can be saved. This information is quite a remarkable point.
Do acknowledge that even with eco-friendly features, this product still functions as well as other toilet paper products and you don’t have to worry about its reliability.
To sum it up, Seventh Generation 100% Recycled Paper Bath Tissue is whitened without chlorine bleach, and it is also an extra soft and durable 2-ply toilet paper. It’s septic-safe, RV-friendly, and gentle on the environment, as well.
- 2-ply bathroom tissue specifically made for strength and softness.
- No harmful and artificial fragrances or color dyes.
- Made with 100% Recycled Paper.
- The package includes 24-roll per pack, and each roll has 240 sheets – which consumers can use for an extended time.
- Even the best eco-friendly toilet paper can still not attract some of the customers due to their roughness in look and actual daily use. This product isn’t an exception, either.
3. Caboo Tree-Free Bamboo Toilet Paper
The two primary resources used to make this toilet paper are bamboo and sugarcane, and they are fast-growing and sustainable. Instead of harmful chemicals, the product is whitened with hydrogen peroxide and is also free from hypoallergenic. Therefore, Caboo Tree-Free Bamboo Toilet Paper is an excellent product for those with chemical sensitivities.
One drawback of this toilet paper is that consumers would find them sturdier than traditional two-ply toilet paper. Besides, despite being two-ply, the paper is quite thin, which can lead to a situation where you find yourself using more to make up for it. Therefore, it is better than this product is viewed as one-ply.
- With the two primary resources being bamboo and sugarcane, this toilet paper is eco-friendly and gives you a natural, sustainable alternative to traditional tree-based bath tissue.
- Septic-safe and 100% biodegradable for all kinds of disposal systems.
- Multi-purposes, as people can use it for camping, RVs, travel, backpacking, boats, and more.
- Despite being two-ply, the product is quite thin.
4. Bim Bam Boo Tree-Free Toilet Paper for Sensitive Skin
This toilet paper doesn’t consist of any harmful chemicals, as well as hypoallergenic. We can guarantee that it is excellent for sensitive skin and robust plumbing. It comes in plastic-free packaging, quite comfortable when used on the skin, and doesn’t leave behind any residue.
Even though the product claims to be septic-safe, reviews from some of our customers have stated that Bim Bam Boo Tree-Free Toilet Paper still does not break down well. This drawback may lead to problems in septic toilets, as well as old pipes in buildings.
- This product is reliable when it comes to its main component – 100% Bamboo and Tree-Free, Certified USDA BioPreferred Plant-Based.
- There is no chlorine-bleach, BPA, formaldehyde, and itchy glues added or used in the making progress of the product.
- Thanks to the exclusive hypoallergenic formula, the product is excellent for sensitive skin and helps consumers experience allergy relief.
- Plastic-free packaging – each roll is individually wrapped in fully recyclable and compostable paper.
- Although this toilet paper claims to be septic-free, some reviews reported that it doesn’t break down very well.
5. WholeRoll Organic Toilet Paper
If you are the type of people who are usually conscious about the materials your toilet paper is made from, this one would be the ideal choice of toilet paper for you. WholeRoll Organic Toilet Paper is made from organic bamboo. It’s sturdy, reasonably soft, and doesn’t shed.
Keep in mind that if you’re used to pillowy soft toilet paper, you might find yourself uncomfortable using this product. Some reviews also pointed out that WholeRoll Organic Toilet Paper is a bit stiffer than other toilet paper options. However, if you like some structure, then this is the one toilet paper for you!
- This choice is a better and more natural clean for the bottom, and it is 100% organic and multi-purpose.
- No chlorine bleach, no absorbent, lint-free, and unscented – WholeRoll Organic Toilet Paper is excellent on the skin and can serve as a natural tissue for makeup removal.
- Perfect for potty training, as this option gives a natural clean to toddler’s delicate bottom. Besides that, the entire family can use this product, as it received compliments when it comes to natural wipes.
- No more problem of storage with bulky packaging, thanks to the smart packaging method of this product.
- Even the best eco-friendly toilet paper cannot guarantee their softness. This product is not an exception, as some customers might find them tougher than traditional toilet papers.
6. Seventh Generation Recycled Unbleached Bathroom Tissue
Seventh Generation Recycled Unbleached Bathroom Tissue is about as untreated as you get. It is also ideal for those who have sensitive skin. It is surprisingly soft despite its rough appearance and the fact that it is an eco-friendly paper made from recycled materials.
So does this seemingly perfect product have any drawbacks? It does if we are talking about its cost. Seventh Generation Recycled Unbleached Bathroom Tissue is the most expensive product in this list. Due to its price, some consumers who don’t need chemical-free paper might opt for other choices rather than this type of toilet paper.
- As the product contains no harmful chemicals, it is a perfect choice for sensitive skin.
- 100% recycled material, this is probably the softest and best eco-friendly toilet paper you can find among other eco-friendly toilet paper products found on the market.
- Reviewers have stated that the cost of this product might be higher than other products, be it eco-friendly or traditional toilet paper products.
7. Green Forest Premium 100% Recycled Bathroom Tissue
This 100% recycled toilet paper is made from at least 90% post-consumer recycled fibers –and only fibers of the highest grade at that. It’s thick, soft, and the plies hold together well.
Many reviewers note that this toilet paper is on par with conventional papers in terms of both looks and feel and ahead of other recycled brands by leaps and bounds.
- Indistinguishable from Conventional Toilet Paper
- 90% post-consumer recycled fibers–and only fibers of the highest grade
- plies hold together well, thick, soft
- The product still has trouble degrading when flushed down the toilet, which can lead to problems in disposal systems.
8. Quilted Northern Ultra Plush Toilet Paper
Typically, people would expect a clean and soft feeling when using their toilet paper. However, Quilted Northern Ultra Plush Toilet Paper surpasses this common standard and gives its users a luxurious feel which they desire. Silky. Smooth. Soft.
These are the three priorities of the Quilted Northern Toilet Paper Brand. This brand is a brand that has devoted the last hundred years to rethinking, designing, and innovating the best eco-friendly toilet paper.
- This choice features three absorbent and cushiony layers of paper in each roll.
- The producers have cut down the amount of lint added into this product, creating the softness every user would love.
- Quilted Northern Ultra Plush is reviewed to be three times thicker and more absorbent than other leading value brands.
- The product is septic safe, and consumers should have no problems if some of the paper fall into the toilet as it is flushable, and 100% biodegradable.
- On contrary to the fancy feeling it offers, Quilted Northern Ultra Plush Toilet Paper does not look as elegant.
9. Pure Planet Club 3-Ply, Double Length, Tree-Free, Plastic-Free, Bamboo and Sugarcane Toilet Tissue
Pure Planet’s 3-PLY Toilet Tissue has the two primary fast-growing resources being sugarcane and bamboo. Therefore, the producers of this product can guarantee that it is 100% plant-based, sustainable, recyclable, and biodegradable.
This toilet paper choice delivers luxurious softness and strength. It is also individually hand-wrapped, which ensures hygiene and reduces the amount of plastic in this product to almost zero.
- Smart and plastic-free packaging that can be easily torn open and thrown out.
- Just like any other eco-friendly toilet paper product, Pure Plant Club 3-ply is made from 100% bamboo, and sugarcane recycled waste material.
- Even the best eco friendly toilet paper cannot guarantee their softness. This product is not an exception, as some customers might find them tougher than traditional toilet papers.
10. Aria Premium, Earth Friendly Toilet Paper, Eco Friendly Bath Tissue
Aria Premium, Earth Friendly Toilet Paper offers an unbleached choice that is made from 100% renewable power. It’s a septic-safe solution and utterly free from hypoallergenic.
Despite being an eco-friendly toilet paper, it is still soft. They plant 3 new trees for 1 used. The formula is simple, as there are no fragrances, dyes, or inks in the making process of the product.
- recyclable packaging.
- No dyes, inks, or fragrances used during the papermaking process.
- This choice is also free from septic and hypoallergenic.
- By using this product, you are contributing to the saving and protection of the environment.
- The product’s appearance can cause misunderstanding, as it can look rougher than other toilet paper.
Everyone has their idea of toilet paper perfection and finding one that works well for your butts can be quite tricky. Things could get trickier if you are an environment lover and conscious about the materials your toilet paper is made.
Through numerous testing and researching, we proudly bring you a list of best eco friendly toilet paper. We hope this article can save your time and keep you well informed about which types of toilet paper is the best for you and your family!
The Foraged Life is a space for sharing stories. From bits made from homegrowns or hand foraged from nature to places to explore and adventure near and far. From stories from the wild to encounters with people and the earth that point to a way of doing life that is conscious of treading lightly and lovingly.